Switzerland! When we hear the name of this country, the first thought that crosses our mind is Love. Switzerland has been the quintessential romantic destination for a very long time now. The home of the perfect Alpine ranges is heaven for honeymooners from all over the globe. The picturesque snow-covered mountains, the huge crystal-clear lakes, the wild and luscious grasslands in the towns make it a fairyland and the ideal spot to begin your new life as a married couple. Here is the list of best things to do in Switzerland.
Must Read : 12 Best Places To Visit In Switzerland in 2020
Switzerland’s nature is widely acclaimed because it is not exploited by humans and is mostly untouched. It has an excellent combination of Swiss, German and Italian impacts that you can find in the food, the architecture and engineering, the language and in the overall general culture there. The extraordinary Swiss spas and extravagant retreats make it an incredible getaway for the couples to unwind and appreciate some post-marriage pampering sessions. And of course, how can one miss the cherry on the cake – the Swiss chocolates, the way to everybody’s heart.
This is where our very own Raj fell hopelessly in love with Simran, and if this entices you to plan a similar honeymoon trip, you should ensure, you incorporate all these best things to do in Switzerland honeymoon places in your itinerary to fall in love with your partner all over again.
Also See: Most beautiful places in Switzerland
Top Things to do in Switzerland in 2020
Geneva is a populous city, yet it is the most exotic honeymoon destination in Switzerland. It is a shopper’s paradise. It is flooded with top of the line designer shops and to add to it some of the very amazing fine dining restaurants. The gorgeous panoramic view of the city from the numerous luxury resorts will definitely increase the romantic quotient of your visit.
Geneva is hands-down a must visit Switzerland honeymoon place. The Jet d’eau fountain will leave you awestruck, especially after sunset when the lake shimmers with the city lights. The fountain shoots water at a height 150m in the air and is the number one sightseeing destination in Geneva. This city should be a definite must have in your Switzerland honeymoon Itinerary.
Things to do in Geneva:
- Visit Lake Geneva – Apart from open dining and some romantic quality time with your partner, there are numerous other attractions at and near Lake Geneva. Paddleboarding in Lake Geneva is a must. The Lavaux beach near the lake is also worth a visit. Exploring the nearby museums, botanical gardens and monuments are some other touristy things to do near Lake Geneva.
- Spend a romantic evening at the Jet d’eau Fountain
- Do not miss out on the fantastic boat ride to the famous Chillon Castle.
- Take a Cable car ride to the Saleve Mountain and go hiking.
If you’re planning your honeymoon in Switzerland in December, St. Moritz should be on the top of your list of Switzerland honeymoon places. The winter weather and the festive decor all around the town will make it a December to remember. Not only in December, St. Moritz is the most romantic destination in Switzerland all year round. It is the perfect place for people who want to enjoy the cold under the sun. St. Moritz is where you can indulge in adventure sports like skiing, snowboarding and ice-skating, as well as, spend a fancy relaxing holiday in luxurious hotels with spas and heartwarming views.
It has the most beautiful ski resorts in Switzerland. The snow here shines for 322 days a year. Not only the snow, St. Moritz is also famous for its mineral springs, which makes it a summer spa resort too, with breathtaking Alpine views. The beautiful St. Moritz glacial lake is a must visit. And to top all of that, there are many high-end restaurants with porches and balconies or roof deck seating for the couples to cosy up and thoroughly drench themselves in the magnificence of Switzerland with wine in their hand and their cherished one in their arms.
Also Read : Best Time To Visit Switzerland
Things to do in St. Moritz
- Go skiing at night. Try adventure sports like snowboarding and ice skating at the 1.2 km-long Cresta Run.
- Spend some romantic time with your spouse at the St. Moritz Lake. Explore the city and visit the local attractions like Hahnensee, Engadine Museum, Heidi Hutte and St. Moritz Design Gallery
- Take a train ride on the Bernina Express
- Indulge in a sweet surprise of the famous Engadine walnut tart and satisfy all your cravings.
- Click amazing photos in a Scenic Backdrop.
The clichéd long romantic promenades along the lakeside, surrounded by flowers and sculptures, hand in hand with your soul mate, is something all of us dream of. The tranquil resort town Montreux will fulfil all these dreams of yours. Situated between the Lake Geneva and the Steep Alpine ranges, Montreux is the perfect place for the typical romantic getaways.
If you’re planning your honeymoon in the summer months, around July, you will be able to witness the amazing Montreux Jazz festival. This will only make your trip even more romantic, the seductive jazz music playing in the background while you walk leaning on partner and watch the sunset at the shores.
And what could be more beautiful than exploring a medieval castle, straight out of the fairytale, at the end of the flower-lined path? The idyllic Chateau de Chillon (Chillon castle), the most beautiful castle in the country, sitting on a small island in Lake Geneva, is a must visit. You can also spend some quality time with your loved one during the wine tasting sessions, sipping wine from the UNESCO Lavaux Vineyards surrounded by the beautiful Alps.
Suggested Read : Explore The Nightlife In Switzerland In A Unique Way
Things to do in Montreux
- Visit Chillon Castle
- Walk hand in hand with your spouse across the promenade. Experience a stunning sunset as the ground lights up and reflects the orange sunrays.
- Take the Golden Pass Train and enjoy gorgeous panoramic views.
- Indulge in Vine tasting sessions at the Lavaux Vineyards.
Nestled amidst two beautiful, glittering lakes, the lake Thun and the lake Brienz, and enclosed by the Jungfrau ranges, Interlaken is a trendy Switzerland honeymoon place. A paradise for a nature lover. This place lets you experience the adrenaline rush topped with a lot of romancing in nature.
From hiking in the mountain ranges and bungee jumping to skiing and paragliding, it has everything for an adventure junkie. The network of transport and infrastructure there comprises more than 45 mountain railways, cable cars, chairlifts and ski lifts. Switzerland honeymoon itinerary is incomplete without visiting Interlaken.
Recommended Read : 12 Best Places To Visit In Switzerland in 2020
Things to do in Interlaken
- Go hiking and explore the Jungfrau mountains
- Engage in the fantastic experience of bungee jumping and paragliding.
- Enjoy breathtaking views from Harder Kulm lookout
- Take a train and make memories and click photos of the fantastic and beautiful Schynige Platte
You will be missing out on some stunning views and memories to die for if you don’t have this mesmerising ski resort town on your Switzerland honeymoon Itinerary. With picturesque snow-capped mountains around, exactly like what you see in the movies, Zermatt is the first place you want to visit during your honeymoon in Switzerland, in December especially. Zermatt is a car free-village amidst the high Alpine mountains, at the foot of the Matterhorn, located at the height of 2000 meters.
It is the highest ski resort in Europe and basks you in its glory, without any shortage of snow even during the spring season. Apart from skiing, you can also try sledging here. A mountain excursion to Matternhorn is the perfect way to satisfy the adventure lover inside you. Touching the peak of Matterhorn might be difficult, but at an altitude of 3,883 meters, the stunning view of French, Italian and Swiss Alps takes your breath away. The Matterhorn Glacier Paradise is also a scenic beauty. Zermatt also offers fine dining at fabulous restaurants amidst the mountains, which will serve you with some authentic local Swiss cuisine.
Things to do in Zermatt
- Go hiking trails, ski pistes and Sledging in the Alpine mountains.
- Experience the beautiful and huge churches and chapels.
- Try going for a mountain excursion to Matterhorn and savour some fantastic views during the sunrise or sunset and take a helicopter tour around the magnificent Alps.
- Relax at one of the outdoor spas and get a hot soak with your partner in your arms.
- Take amazing photos of you, and your spouse with the snow-capped mountains and cherish these memories forever.
An old fashioned appeal and urban style meet up amid a backdrop of mountains bathing in the snow, that is how you will exactly experience Switzerland to be. With an utterly perfect country, it’s not unexpected that Switzerland has been one of the top destinations for a romantic vacation.
And with every part of the country feeling so magical and mesmerising, it likewise is not a big surprise that honeymooners are choosing Switzerland to start their own incredible Swiss romantic fairytale. And while planning your amazing Swiss love story, be definite to include these Switzerland honeymoon places in your itinerary, and you will cherish these days with your soul mate forever.
Further Read: 19 Best Honeymoon Destinations In Europe In 2020