A pair of ethnic-looking Ramleela dangle earrings picked from Hauz Khas Village, New Delhi; A chic-n-sleek designer charm bracelet bought from Bandra, Mumba; An exotic Dhanxeera Pepa Haar handpicked from an Assamese handicrafts expo; every Indian fashionista dreams of having these exquisite items in her wardrobe. Travel is known to satiate different desires for various people. To a trendy Indian woman, travel gives an opportunity to add more culture and colour to her wardrobe. Dazzling fashion jewellery from around India allows her to wear a bit of her country and show off her vogue.
If you look beyond the same old yellow metal, you will find an amazing diversity of craftsmanship in the country. Do you think we are hinting at a random shopping or a shopaholic’s guide? Nay. We bring you a select list of places that will add a dash of glitter to your travel and voila, you have the best of India dazzling in your jewellery box!
1. New Delhi
If it’s fashionable, it’s in Delhi! The national capital boasts of glittery markets replete with amazing varieties of Indian fashion jewellery that ensure you are spoilt for choice. From the latest Bollywood styles to the most ethnic-looking imitations, Delhi is truly a melting pot for shopping enthusiasts.
- Sadar Bazar: If you are looking for cheap fashion jewellery, Delhi’s Sardar Bazar is the place for you. Known for being the largest wholesale shopping market, this bazaar has a collection of a wide range of artificial jewellery.
- Hauz Khas Village: This posh area is known for its amazing nightlife, historical buildings, and splendid parks. Apart from being one of the best places to buy jewellery, Hauz Khas Village lets you experience the affluent side of Delhi.
- Connaught Place: This is where you should head to for your fashion jewellery shopping if you don’t like settling for cheap. But Connaught palace has something for even those looking for classy but affordable artificial jewellery. Palika Bazar is your shopping destination if affordable fashion is your style.
- Chandni Chowk: Situated at the heart of Old Delhi, Chandni Chowk is THE place for you if you are looking for silver jewellery. It goes without saying that this area is dotted with shops selling amazing shimmery Indian jewellery.
- Delhi Artificial Jewellery
- Jewel Junction
- Advika Glittering Treasure
- Suhag Wedding Collection
- Suhana Art n Jewels.
Tip: Paharganj, Janpath and Kamla Nagar are some of the other areas known for having the best artificial jewellery shops in India.
A mecca for fashionistas and art enthusiasts, the Pink City is one of the most celebrated cultural hubs of India. From the elegant kundans to the regal thewa, you can find imitations of your choice in the colourful-n-bustling markets of Jaipur.
- Johari Bazaar: If your wardrobe lacks a bit of colour and vibrancy, then it’s time for you to plan your holiday in Jaipur. The first place on your itinerary should be Johari Bazaar. It wouldn’t be an overstatement to say that Johari Bazaar is the best place to buy Jewellery in India. Thanks to the amazing craftspersonship that has passed down the generation.
- Bapu Bazar: Shopping jewellery in Bapu bazaar not only allows you to add authentic Rajasthani jewellery and artefacts but also witness the iconic pink buildings of Jaipur.
- MI Road: You amazing collection of Jewellery needs an equally amazing jewellery Box. MI road is where you’ll find amazing boxes, bejewelled photo frames and so much bling!
Tip: Tripolia Bazaar and Saraogi Mansion basement are some more places you can visit for your Indian fashion jewellery shopping in Jaipur!
- Govind Rajasthali Cottage Industries,
- Vatika Jewellers,
- Poddar Jewels,
- Manohar Fancy Churi Store
Also See : Jaipur Tour Package
The City of Pearls is a delightful shopping treat to all those of you who celebrate the spirit of adornment. While the city’s joie de vivre is infectious, its rich heritage resonates through its streets and landmark structures. Glimmer of lac bangles and charm of pearls have enamoured tourists from India and abroad alike for ages.
- Laad Bazaar: If bangles are your kink, then Laad bazar is your paradise! Also known as Choodi Bazaar this market is one of the oldest markets in Hyderabad. It is one of the best places to buy artificial jewellery in India. Bangles studded with artificial diamonds are a must-buy from here.
- Abids Street: From chic to shimmery whatever your style is you’ll find something of your liking in Abids Streets.
- Mozzam Jahi Market: Apart from artificial jewellery markets, this Bazaar is also known for its perfume stores, dry fruit stalls and Karachi bakery. So while you step up your fashion game, you might also want to buy these amazing local goodies.
Other places where you can go for your jewellery shopping include Koti Sultan Bazar, General Bazaar (Secunderabad) and Charminar Bazaar.
Tip: If you happen to visit Hyderabad anytime during Jan and Feb make sure you attend the Annual All India Industrial Exhibition.
- Chaahat Fashion Jewellery
- Paras Jewellers
- Brundavan Fashion Store
- Patny Jewels
- Suhani Pittie
- Varsha Art Jewellery
If you are looking for pure artistic indulgence, Thanjavur is the right choice. Famous for its glass paintings, the city is a conundrum of religion, art and architecture. Thanjavur houses some of the amazing UNESCO World Heritage Monuments. Inspired by the traditional style of Thanjavur paintings, the contemporary adaptations of miniature art on wood, marble and paper make for enticing blings!
- Anna Salai: Anna Salai is a landmark shopping area in Tamil Nadu. Dotted with handlooms and handicrafts stores, Anna Salai is the place to get your south-Indian fashion essentials. From artificial jewellery to spectacular saaris, you’ll find it all here.
- South Rampart: If you are looking for the real bling then South Rampart is where you should go. This area has stores with an amazing collection of beautifully crafted jewellery.
- Anil Ganesan Thanga Maligai
- Surya Gold Covering & Fancy Store
- Annai Abirami Jewellery
- Jewel Malaysia
This city is yet another eclectic mix of history, heritage, food and bustling markets. From wedding shopping to cocktail styling, you have a wide variety to pick from.
- Bapu Nagar: From clothes and footwear to jewellery, Bapu Nagar is the go-to shopping place in Ahmedabad. This area is dotted with malls and other stores where you’ll be offered with plenty to satiate the fashionista in you.
- Ellis Bridge: Ellis Bridge is a popular shopping centre in Ahmedabad where you’ll find everything from artificial jewellery to trendy clothes.
- Lal Darwaza: Lal Darwaza is where you’ll find a maddening variety of jewellery, and the best part is shopping here won’t leave a dent in your pocket. It’s possible that Lal Darwaza is the cheapest jewellery market in India.
Kalupur, Paldi and Maninagar are some of the other places you must visit in Ahmedabad to add a bit of Gujarati flavour to your wardrobe.
- Suvarna Shrusti Jewellery
- Hasu Jewellers
- Ladla Gold Pvt Ltd
- National Handloom Corporation.
The fashion mecca of India, Mumbai has always been one of the hip and happening cities of India. From contemporary chic to ethnic Bollywood imitations, you can rest assured to find the best of your festive ornaments here.
- Hill Road: Bandra is one of the top areas in Mumbai for shopping. The wide range of shops here fit all the budgets. From latest Bollywood style artificial jewellery to the classic traditional Jewellery, hill road must definetly be a part of your Mumbai Holiday itinerary.
- Linking Road: Yet another shopping market in Bandra, Linking road is where you’ll find plenty of shops selling fashionable artificial jewellery to match with your mojo.
- Fashion Street: As the name suggests, it’s all about fashion! This market is the favourite place for all the local shopaholics. When it comes to jewellery, you’ll find plenty of stores offering a wide array of fashion jewellery.
Tip: Gandhi Market, Colaba and Dadar are some of the other places where you can go to, to satiate the shopaholic in you.
- Saloni Fashion Jewellery
- Chintamani Art Jewellers,
- Viha Jewels,
- Vinanti Manji Designer Jewellery,
- Dipam Enterprises.
The commercial capital of Madhya Pradesh, Indore is truly a tourist’s delight! If historical buildings is a treat to your eyes, there’s enough to cater to your taste buds as well with mouth-watering street food. Talking of jewellery, you can get antique imitations of latkans, balis, jumkas and kangans….
- Khajuri Bazaar: If you are visiting Indore, then a stop at Khajuri Bazar is a must. Here, you’ll find everything from fashion apparels to oh-so-fabulous fashion jewellery. It’s no wonder that this is the quintessential shopping point for the local fashionistas.
- Topkhana Market: This market is essentially known for its handicrafts items. Pick up locally crafted jhumkas to pair with your evergreen kurtas. Here, you’ll find plenty of varieties of artificial jewellery to choose from!
- Sarafa Market: When it comes to Jewellery, Sarafa Market is the ultimate shopping destination. With an amazingly large collection of Jewellery to choose from, Sarafa is the best fashion jewellery market in India.
- Raj Jewellers
- Sondrya Jewellers
- Ramesh Kangan Stores
- Chahat Collection
One of the trendsetting cities in fashion, Kolkata raves as India’s intellectual and cultural capital of the country. Also known as the commercial capital of East India, the City of Joy is a celebration of fine arts, music, literature, cinema and much more. Jewellery is no exception!
- Bagree Market: Bagree Market is the go-to shopping area for the locals in Kolkata. Plenty of fashion jewellery shops dot the market and offer a huge variety of imitation jewellery to choose from.
- Camac Street: Also known as Abanindranath Thakur Sarani street, Camac street is the central shopping and commerce area in Kolkata. If you are in the mood for buying some perfectly crafted jewellery, this is the go-to place in Kolkata. A handful of jewellery showrooms spread across this area where you can quench your thirst for ornaments.
- New Market: New Market in Lindsay Street is yet another popular local shopping areas where you’ll find more than jewellery! Here you’ll get everything from trendy footwears to inexpensive fashionable clothing!
- BD Jewellers
- Chamba Lama
- Suji’s Fashion Hut
- Jhalak Jewellery Boutique
- BC Jain Jewellers Private Limited.
The second largest city of Odisha, Cuttack is known for the Tarakasi silver filigree work. Owing to its commercial significance, Cuttack has always figured on the tourist’s itinerary. Take your style quotient one notch up by handpicking some of the finest filigree and lacquer pieces.
- Tibetan Market: The Tibetan Market in Cuttack offers a sensory overload. With a mindboggling variety of shops, this bazaar is a great place to find unique artificial jewellery.
- Choudhary Bazaar: Yet another popular market amongst tourists and locals alike. Apart from Shopping for fashion jewellery, you’ll experience local culture, cuisine and history at this market.
Tip: Oriya Bazaar Gawda Sahi another place you can go to satiate your shopping urges and add a bit of Odisha to your wardrobe.
- RCM Shopping Centre,
- Ahalya Market Complex
- Bishandayal Inderchand Jewellers
Next time you visit one of these cities in India, you know where to go for the mandatory local shopping. Add more a piece of India Tell us more about your favourite shops and markets!