We all go for several vacations and holidays in our life with our family and friends, sometimes alone on a tranquil solo trip as well. But, once in our lifetime, we go for a holiday with a special person with whom we are about to embark on a new journey. Honeymoon is the most memorable occasion in a couple’s life and one should do every possible thing to make it the best experience of their life.
You spend some quality time together with your loved one by walking together holding her hand on a beach under the moonlight or doing a candlelight dinner in a romantic ambience, you just have to give attention to your partner and rest will be taken care by your honeymoon destination. But, for that to happen, your honeymoon destination should be fantastic. You leave that part on us, we have compiled some of the most beautiful honeymoon destination in the world for a perfect honeymoon in this blog post on honeymoon edition.
These places will offer all the romantic activities for a couple to make their bond even stronger and their understanding much better. You will never run out of fun in these places renowned for honeymoon globally. These places will convince you to say, “Why not stay on the honeymoon for life?”
List of Most Exotic Honeymoon Destinations in the World
- Paris- Love is in the air
- Ireland- Land of Castles
- Mauritius- Heaven on Earth
- Santorini- The Charming Land
- Bali- Island of Love
- Venice- Queen of Adriatic
- Ibiza- White Island/White Isle
- Goa- The Sin City
- Switzerland- Playground of Europe
Now we will explain the significance of these places in great detail, you will figure out why it stands out from other places in the world and why they feature in the most romantic place in the world for honeymoon.
If there ever existed a city which is synonyms with love and romance, then anyone in this world can tell you that it’s Paris, the city of lights. There is so much to see that you will discover wonder after wonder every new day. Home to Eiffel Tower, an attraction which draws millions of tourists throughout the year. Eiffel Tower, welcoming sidewalk cafes, renowned museums, fairy tale restaurant views, attractive boutiques, in a nutshell, there are myriad reasons to fall in love with the seductive charm of this romantic city.
Paris has not only been favoured by tourists around the world, but it is also admired by many big shot movie directors. Iconic movies like Da Vinci Code, Inception and a never-ending list of Indian movies which have been shot here. Thus, Paris is one of the best places for honeymoon in the world.
Did you know?
Eiffel Tower was ephemerally to last for just 20 years, but it still stands tall and handsome. There are 1665 steps to reach its top, you can take the lift as well
Everything you need to know about Paris
- Places to see: Eiffel Tower, Musee d’Orsay, Pont des Art Bridge, Louvre Museum, Cruise on the River Seine, Palace of Versailles, Disneyland Paris, Palais Garnier, Pere Lachaise, Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame de Paris
- Things to do: Traditional Parisian Dinner with your partner, walk on the Chapel Bridge over Lake Lucerne, Experience the Paris Catacombs, Catch a Night Cruise, Try the Vintage Car Tour
- Best Time to visit: May to August is the ideal Time, though you can visit at any time of the year
- Where to stay: Le Bristol Paris, Le Derby Alma, Saint James Paris, Hotel Atmospheres, Hotel Wilson Opera, InterContinental Paris Le Grand
- Ideal Duration & Package: 4 Nights/5 Days are enough to explore this city. The package would cost you somewhere around ₹1-2.5 lacs depending on the facilities and when you book
Tip: Shop at the emerging shopping places like North Marais or Atelier Couronnes rather than over-hyped places like Champs-Elysees which has lost its charm lately
If you want to make your partner feel special since it’s a honeymoon, then Ireland is your place. Make her feel as if she is a queen by living in a castle in Ireland. The country has both the spectrums coexisting, on one end of this spectrum you will find rustic hamlets and age-old castles and on the other end of the spectrum, you have some amazing malls for shopping and all charismatic urban attractions.
You must have seen P.S. I Love You, then you must know how romantic and charming Ireland is for a honeymoon. Yes, the shooting of the movie happened in Ireland. Still, need any more testimonial? Ireland may not be that cheap a destination for honeymoon but the money you spent is worth it, you will feel it once you are there. The locations are so picturesque to capture your honeymoon moments and the weather is the best part of the continent. This is why Ireland is the best tourist place in the world for a honeymoon.
Did you know?
The Titanic was built in Belfast, North Ireland. Also, more Irish people live abroad than in Ireland. Isn’t it amazing?
Everything you need to know about Ireland
- Places to see: Tory Island, Cliff of Moher, Temple Bar, Glen of the Downs, Dromoland Castle, Cong County Mayo, Glengarriff, Enniscrone, The Aran Islands, Carlingford, Cahersiveen, Glencer Waterfalls
- Things to do: Ride on Horse Drawn Caravans, Experience the glamorous camping, Glamping as they call it here, Book your personal river cruise, Taste the famous Irish coffee, Horse Riding
- Recommendation: Do visit the Cliff of Moher in Country Clare. You will fall for that place, look for google images if you don’t believe me. Also, do try the latest Irish attraction Glamping, it’s one of a kind experience. Also, do try the local beer in the famous Temple Bar
- Best Time to visit: The Best Time to visit Ireland is from April-June and September-October. Summer is the peak season in Ireland. Spring and autumn season is less crowded with lower prices
- Where to stay: The Cottages Ireland, Clontarf Castle, Lough Eske Castle, Merrion Hotel Dublin, The Lake Hotel, The Morgan Hotel, Ashford Castle, The Alex Hotel
- Ideal Duration & Package: 4 Days/5 Nights is adequate to experience everything in Ireland. The honeymoon package would cost you around ₹1.3-3.2 lacs
Tip: Stay in Guesthouses and Cottages in John Wayne style rather than booking a hotel. Also, book a camp for one night
Beautiful white sand beaches, pristine blue waters, crystal lagoons, coral reefs, spectacular sunset views, restaurants with delectable delicacies and seafood of course. All this makes Mauritius a utopian place for honeymoon in the world. Mauritius is highly diverse in its rich cultural heritage with a perfect blend of Indian, French, and Creole culture.
Mauritius is equally rich in its flora and fauna apart from the picturesque natural beauty, it is home to some of the world’s rare birds and volcanic mountains making it an ideal honeymoon destination in the world. This is your place if you want to dodge crowded places and enjoy some quality time with your spouse.
Did you know?
Mauritius is one among the only four countries in the world which has no ongoing domestic or international conflict with any other country
Everything you need to know about Mauritius
- Places to see: Ile-aux Cerfs, Riambel Beach, Pamplemousses Botanical Gardens, Black River Gorges National Park, Les 7 Cascades, Le Morne Brabant
- Things to do: Visit the central market of Port Louis, Try out your skill in deep sea fishing, Explore the China town, Scuba Diving in Blue Bay Marine Park, Snorkelling
- Best Time to visit: June to December is the best Time to visit Mauritius
- Where to stay: The Oberoi Beach Resort, St. Regis Mauritius Resort, LUX Grand Saube, Seapoint Boutique Hotel
- Ideal Duration & Package: 3 Nights/4 Days is an ideal duration to discover Mauritius. The honeymoon package would cost around ₹50,000-1 lac
Tip: if you are a vegan, you might face some trouble looking for your food here. Also, there are many restaurants that offer vegan food.
The best view of Mediterranean is from Greece and the best of that best if from Santorini. There is a less probability of a place as beautiful as Santorini to begin a new journey with your partner. Santorini has everything from whitewashed villas to breathtaking views, from exotic beaches to serene sunset points.
This small volcanic island will drive you crazy by its attractions and ambience, allow it to surprise you on that front by booking your tickets to Santorini for your honeymoon. You will not regret your decision, that a sure thing.
Did you know?
Santorini has multi-colour beaches (White, Black and Red) due to the volcanic eruptions
Everything you need to know about Santorini
- Places to see: Akrotiri, Santorini Caldera, Perissa Beach, Santo, Ancient Thera, Fira Fira, Caldera Cliff Wall, Pyrgos, Profitis Ilias, Skaros Rocks, White Door Theatre
- Things to do– Take a Fish Spa, Sightseeing at Amodi Bay, Hiking from Fira to Oia, Brewery Visit in Santorini, Exploring Museums and Historic Places
- Best Time to visit– March to May and then October to December is the Best Time of the year to pay a visit to Santorini owing to its pleasant weather in these months
- Where to stay– Honeymoon Petra Villas, Astra Suites, Chromata Hotel, Santorini Princess Spa Hotel Dana Villas Infinity Suites
- Ideal Duration & Package– 5 Nights/6 Days is an ideal duration to discover Mauritius. The honeymoon package would cost around ₹1.5-3 lacs
Also See: 25 Most Beautiful Islands of the World
One of the best things about Bali or rather the country Indonesia is, their currency is weak and couples can spend freely in shopping or other such experiences. Just to give you a sense on that, ₹1=204.76 Indonesian Rupiah at the Time of writing this post. If you have ₹5000 in your pocket, it is tantamount to 10 lacs Indonesian Rupiah. This Indonesian island is the best place to visit in Indonesia for a honeymoon couple or anyone yearning for a break in his mundane existence.
Bali is so popular and one of the most favoured tourist destinations in Asia. It has a fantabulous nightlife with some amazing night clubs and rooftop bars. Bali has the most beautiful beaches you can find anywhere in India. Bali has a cultural centre as well in Ubud. All this makes Bali the most beautiful places in the world for a honeymoon.
Did you know?
Bali has only four names given to the children (Wayan, Made, Nyoman, and Ketut) there in chronological order of their birth. After the fourth child, the cycle of names repeat
Everything you need to know about Bali
- Places to see: Seminyak Beaches, Uluwatu Temple, Rock Bar, Pura Tanah Lot, Mount Batur, Waterbom Bali, Kuta Beach
- Things to do: Water sports, Museums, Amusement Parks, Nightlife, Beach Walking, Shopping, Candlelight dinner in an Indian restaurant
- Best Time to visit: July, August and December is the peak season. However, you can visit throughout the year
- Where to stay: Hard Rock Hotel, Sankara Resort, Puri Santrian, Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas and Spa, Hanging Gardens Ubud, Viceroy Bali, Alaya Resort
- Ideal Duration & Package: 4 Nights/5 Days is an ideal duration to discover Bali. The honeymoon package would cost around ₹50,000- 1 lacs
Tip: If you are visiting in peak season then do the hotel booking in advance to get the best deals on hotels
Venice is that ideal gem hidden in Italy which can impress you every second with a new attraction. A highly preferred couple friendly honeymoon destination for ages and still attract millions of couples every year. A gondola ride is something that makes a honeymoon complete in Venice, where only you and your partner lies on a boat and boats around the iconic Grand Canal. Venice has lots and lots of canals, historical architectures, and famous restaurants offering delectable Italian Pasta, shopping streets, skyscrapers, museums, churches and what not. In short, a perfect recipe for an ideal honeymoon setting with pleasant weather of course. All this makes Venice as one of the famous honeymoon places in the world.
Did you know?
The first women ever to get graduated in 1646 was from Venice. The first public casino of the world was in Venice
Everything you need to know about Venice
- Places to see: St. Mark’s Basilica, Doge’s Palace, Rialto Bridge, Grand Canal, Scuola Grande di San Rocco, Murano and Burano, Santa Maria dei Miracoli
- Things to do: Try the Gondola Ride, Have a romantic dinner by the canal, Venetian Arsenal, Jewish Museum, Teatro La Fenice, Museo Correr, Ferry Ride, and Bridge of Sighs, Stroll at Palazzo Ducale, Party hard in Venice’s happening nightlife
- Best Time to visit: April to October is the best Time to visit Venice. Sightseeing is best enjoyed in springs.
- Where to stay: JW Marriott, Palazzo Abassa, Ca Maria Adele, The Gritti Palace, Hotel Saturnia International, Hotel Moresco, Canal Grande Hotel, Bauer Hotel
- Ideal Duration & Package: 5 Nights/ 6 Days is an ideal duration to enjoy Venice. The honeymoon package would cost around ₹70,000- 1.7 lacs
Tip: Summers in Venice is pretty warm, crowded and thus expensive as well. Plan your honeymoon accordingly
Must Read : 15 Amazing Things To Do In Venice
The famous Balearic islands of Ibiza is a place slightly less unexplored for honeymoon purpose vis-à-vis other destinations in this list. People after word of mouth spread have started to explore this wonderful la la land. Ibiza is renowned worldwide for its nightlife and late night rave parties on a humongous scale which you wouldn’t find in any other part of the world except in Ibiza. Go and see for yourself, dance as if there is no tomorrow with your partner in the most vivacious party possible on the planet.
The night is sorted if you are in Ibiza and talking about the day, Ibiza has tons of options for a honeymoon couple to create some memories to cherish for a lifetime. You can do shopping, explore beaches, play with pristine blue water, watch stunning sunsets, do adventure sports, opt for a relaxing spa etc. There is so much to do in Ibiza making it the trending location for honeymoon places in the world
Did you know?
The world’s biggest nightclub is in Ibiza, “Privilege Ibiza” with a capacity of 11,000. The world’s most expensive restaurant is also in Ibiza at the Hard Rock Hotel
Everything you need to know about Ibiza
- Places to see: Cala Comte, Cala d’Hort, Dalt Villa (UNESCO site), Ibiza Cathedral, Playa d’en Bossa, San Antonio
- , Talamanca, Santa Eulalia, Cala Llenya, Es Vedra
- Things to do: Relaxing Spa, Water Activities, Ride on a ferry to Formentera, Clubbing, Cliff Jump at Cala Tarida, Shop for souvenirs at markets
- Best Time to visit: May to October is the best Time for party animals, and for windsurfing, flyboarding etc. Also, this is a good time for food connoisseurs
- Where to stay: Can Sastre Hotel, Bellamar Hotel Beach & Spa, Hotel THB Ocean Beach, Sol House Ibiza, Grand Palladium White Island, and Tropic Garden Hotel Apartment
- Ideal Duration & Package: 5 Nights/ 6 Days is more than adequate to experience Ibiza. The honeymoon package would cost around ₹1.5-2.7 lacs
Tip: Party until dawn but do wake up early at least for one day and do Yoga after a night full of partying. You will feel energized and refreshed
You don’t need to introduce or for that matter explain Goa to an Indian, be it a college student or a businessman. Do you? Not at all. There are serene beaches, lavish casinos on yacht, wild nightlife, scintillating forts, mouth-watering seafood, local markets, roads covered with trees from both sides, roads with sea on one side and river on other side, all possible water sports and everything possible under the sun to build a strong camaraderie with your partner.
You don’t want to miss out on all this enjoyment with some breathtaking views to capture in your retina and carry in your heart with you back home as a souvenir from Goa. Without a shadow of a doubt, Goa is an ideal honeymoon destination in the world. Also, this is one of the cheapest honeymoon place on this list and yet so amazing. Isn’t that amazing? So, don’t wait and book your tickets at the earliest to get the best deals.
Did you know?
In Mandovi river in Panaji, Goa’s capital city is home to the first floating casino in Asia
Everything you need to know about Goa
- Places to see: Baga Beach, Calangute Beach, Chapora Fort, Arambol Beach, Mapusa Market, Panjim, Anjuna Beach, Harvalem waterfall, Grand Island, Vasco da Gama, Aguada Fort, Sinquerim
- Recommendation: Do watch the sunrise from Chapora Fort (Dil Chahta Hai Fort) even if you are not a morning person, trust me it’s very blissful
- Things to do: Street Shopping, Lots and lots of water sports, Jet Ski ride, Banana ride, Activa/Bullet ride with your spouse appreciating Goa’s beauty on a windy day, watch the sun setting sitting on a beach with a pint of beer in one hand, roll out your fortune in Roulette in a casino
- Best Time to visit: October to March is the best Time to visit this archaic Portuguese territory with November to January being the peak season when tourism is at its peak and Goa is crowded especially between 20 December and 10 January
- Where to stay: Taj Exotica Goa, The Park, Deltin Suites, Radisson Goa, Acacia Hotel & Spa, Fahrenheit Hotel Goa, Club Mahindra, Fairfield by Marriott, Royale Assagao
- Ideal Duration & Package: 4 Days/5 Nights is an adequate time to have all the fun in Goa. The honeymoon package would cost you around ₹40,000-1 lac. Though, it might vary with the type of hotel booked and when it is booked
Tip: Don’t forget to carry your anti tan and SPF 30 cream on your trip to Goa, your skin will need it
If anything we have learned from Bollywood movies over the years, it’s the fact that it’s not true love if you haven’t been to Switzerland together. There has already been a lot said and written about Switzerland’s flamboyance that there is hardly much left to eulogize about. Everyone knows about what Switzerland is and how charming it is, everyone has seen it in multiple movies.
There’s a reason why it is one of the most preferred honeymoon destinations in the world because people actually wanted to see for themselves about what they have heard from others or seen in movies. And what better an occasion than your honeymoon to actually get the first-hand experience of what you’ve only seen virtually or imagined. There you go, what are you waiting for? Go and have the best honeymoon possible.
Did you know?
Switzerland is the largest producer of chocolate in the world. Also, Switzerland is the largest consumer of chocolate in the world.
Everything you need to know about Switzerland
- Places to see– Zurich, Matterhorn, Geneva, Zermatt, St. Moritz, Lausanne, Bern, Contra Dam, Lucerne, Basel, Rhine Falls, Chillon Castle, Montreux, Ticino
- Things to do: Boating on river Limmat, Museum Exploration, Walking in the Swiss National Park, enjoy the Fasnacht Spring Carnival
- Recommendation: Do you visit Zurich if you are visiting Switzerland. It’s a one hour drive from Bern, the capital city of Switzerland
- Best Time to visit: January to March is the best Time to visit the eye-appealing Swiss as Skiing is done at this Time of the year. But these are the coldest months and also most crowded
- Where to stay: Hotel Mirabeau, Hotel Bellerive, Hotel Alpenrose Wengen, Renaissance Lucerne Hotel, Radisson Blu Zurich, Hotel Hauser, Sorell Hotel Merian
- Ideal Duration & Package: 5 Days/6 Nights is an adequate time to have all the fun in Switzerland. The honeymoon package would cost you around ₹1.5-2.8 lacs
Also See : 12 Best Indian restaurants in Interlaken
Tip: Prefer public transport or car sharing in Switzerland. Avoid bottled water, tap water is safe to drink.
As they say, “In life, it’s not about where you go, but it’s about who you travel with.” If you are travelling with your spouse for the first Time then it better be a place full of romantic vibes and honeymoon ambience. We tried to list a few of those places in this blog post on Honeymoon Places in the World. Hope you got a better understanding and clarity in deciding your place of honeymoon now. However, this is just an exhaustive list, and there are other places in the world as well, but we tried to show you the places which are colloquially referred to as Honeymoon Spots in the world.
There is this famous saying in Ireland, May “go maire sibh bhur saol nua” which translates to “May you enjoy your new life.” We at lastminute India wish you a happy married life and a blissful honeymoon. Make the best out of this golden opportunity.