Canada houses a myriad of people from different cultures and communities from all around the world, who have immigrated into the country owing to its reputation as a safe haven for outcasts and refugees. It is one of the most ethnically diverse and culturally rich nations in the world. Because of the splendid diversity and cultural heritage of Canada, the country is one of the most popular tourist destinations and a heavily sought after hub of educational, economic and healthcare facilities all over the world, and South Africa is no exception.
Canada visa for South Africans is a commodity very much in demand these days. However, the task of procuring a Canada visa for South Africans may feel daunting to many of the visitors, since it requires in-depth knowledge regarding the process of applying for a Canada visa from South Africa. With the help of this article, the reader will be able to acquire a detailed understanding of the nuances and risks in the issuance of a Canada visa from South Africa.
Types of Canada visa for South Africans
1. Canada visitor visa for South Africans:
A visitor can apply for a Canadian visitor visa from South Africa if they wish to visit their family members or next of kin who may be permanently residing in Canada. This visa is a single entry visa, which means a person having procured a Canadian tourist visa is allowed to travel to Canada only once. This visa stays valid for a duration of six months, after which it expires.
2. Canada tourist visa for South Africans:
A visitor can apply for a Canadian tourist visa from South Africa if they wish to visit Canada for the sole purpose of travelling and sightseeing. This visa is a single entry visa, which means a person having procured a Canadian tourist visa is allowed to travel to Canada only once. The visa stays valid for the duration of travel specified in the visa application. The visitor is required to submit a copy of their detailed day-to-day itinerary during their stay in Canada beforehand.
3. Canada super visa for South Africans:
A visitor can apply for a Canadian super visa if they wish to visit their family members or next of kin who may be permanent residents of Canada for a period beyond six months, which is permitted by procuring a visitor visa. This visa is issued under particular circumstances, such as medical or legal emergencies. This visa stays valid for a duration of two years, after which it expires.
4. Canada transit visa for South Africans:
A visitor can apply for a Canadian transit visa if they need to avail a connecting flight from an airport in Canada to destination after having travelled to the said airport from their local airport. An applicant is eligible for a Canadian transit visa if and only if the time period of the gap between the two flights is less than forty-eight hours. If the two flights are more than forty-eight hours apart, the visitor is required to apply for a Canadian visitor visa instead.
Must read: 10 Best Things to Do in South Africa
Canada visa requirements from South Africans
The essential documents required to apply for the issuance of a Canada visa for South Africans are listed as follows:
- A copy of the valid details of the visitor’s passport is required to be submitted to the embassy or consulate for verification and authentication. This should be done by printing a photocopy of the information section on the first page of the passport, which includes the passport number of the applicant, the dates of issuance and expiry of the passport, and the identification details of the owner of the passport such as their name, their address, their date of birth and a photograph.
- The embassy or the consulate always verify whether it would be realistically possible for a visitor to fend for themselves in case they come to Canada for the duration specified in their Canada visa application, given their financial and economic status at the time of submitting the application. Substantial documentary evidence is necessary to give credence to the applicant’s claim of being financially capable of staying and travelling in Canada. The essential documentation involved varies with the duration of the applied Canada visa.
- In case the applicant is married, he or she is required to submit their marriage certificate or any verifiable document which can establish evidence of their marital relations to the Canadian embassy or the consulate. This document is requested by the Canadian visa authorities from South Africans for the purpose of identification of the application.
- In cases where the applicant is a minor who seeks to travel to Canada, some additional documents need to be provided. In case the applicant wishes to travel alone, they are required to enclose a letter of consent signed by both of their parents or their legal guardians. They also need to submit the documents of custody of their parents, for the purpose of verifying the familial relation. In case the applicant is accompanied by one of their parents, they need to present a letter of authorization signed by the absent parent.
Must read: 11 Beaches to visit in South Africa
Canada visa application for South Africans
- The applicant will collect and compile all the documents required to be eligible for a Canada visa.
- The applicant needs to download and print the application form and fill it up. They should also enclose all the necessary documents.
- The applicant should visit a visa application centre, submit the application along with all the documents, and pay the visa fees.
- In case the applicant has never applied for a visa before, they will have to provide their biometric details.
- If the visa application gets approved, the applicant will need to sit for an interview at the visa application centre. In case the requested duration is more than six months, they will also be required to undergo a medical examination.
- The applicant should arrange for a courier service so that the visa is delivered to their address on time.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
1. Where can one apply for Canada visa from Cape Town?
For Canada visa from Cape Town, the applicant needs to visit the visa application centre in Cape Town, which is located on the 5th floor, 30 Waterkant Street, Cape Town.
2. What is the cost of a Canadian visa in South Africa?
The cost of a Canadian visa in South Africa can be quite high. Visitor visas and Super visas cost 100 dollars. A transit visa is free.
3. What is the estimated processing time?
A visitor visa requires 14 working days for processing, whereas a super visa can take up to 87 working days. A transit visa can be issued within a few weeks.
Tip: The visitor should make sure to apply for the specific type of visa that fits their exact purpose of travel to Canada. The applicant should make sure that all the documents enclosed with the application for their emergency appointment must be genuine and verifiable. They should not fabricate their purpose of travel.
Facts on Canada
With regard to total landmass occupied, Canada is the second-largest country in the world. It encompasses a mass of land spread over a total area of around 9.98 square kilometres, constituted by ten provinces and three territories.
Canada finds a place among some of the most highly developed countries in the world. The estimated nominal per-capita income in this country is found to rank sixteenth among the highest nominal per-capita income numbers recorded in all countries across the globe.
The Human Development Index of this country is recorded to occupy the twelfth highest rank among all the countries in the world.
The economy of Canada can be positioned at tenth place in the ranking of all the greatest economies on the planet.
The government of Canada follows a parliamentary system of constitutional monarchy, as popularized by the Westminster tradition in England. It comprises a cabinet presided over by the monarch of Canada, a position which is passed on via heredity, and a democratically elected Prime Minister who leads the government.
Canada is among the foremost members of numerous significant international organizations, such as the United Nations, the NATO, the G7, the Group of Ten, the G20, the North American Free Trade Agreement, the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum, and many more.
Canada also boasts a reputation for being a near-utopian place to live. As per international estimates, the country is rated to be among the highest-ranked countries in the fields of government transparency, civil liberties, quality of life, economic freedom, and education, all across the globe.