Brazil is three-time bigger than India surrounded by some equally beautiful countries in the southern hemisphere. Brazil is happily sandwiched between 10 countries. Guiana, Suriname, Guyana, and Venezuela are in the north of Brazil. Colombia is in the north-west of Brazil. In the west of Brazil are Peru, Bolivia, and Paraguay. In the south of Brazil is Uruguay and in the south-west is Argentina.
Facts about Brazil
- Brazil is three times bigger than India
- 1.3 billion fewer people live in Brazil in comparison to India
- Sao Paulo is the 7th largest city in the world
- First Indian embassy opened in Rio De Janerio on 3rd May 1948
- It is legal to work from 14 years onwards with some protective laws in hindsight.
- Brazilian Real is the currency. INR 10 = BR 177.74
Brazil’s visa online, as understood, is not an available option anymore. Brazil’s visa application for Indian is on a similar status depending on the type of visa applied. Read on to know more about what the above two statements mean.
Nonetheless, the best season to use a Brazil Visa is August, September, and October. If experiencing winters is of your choice, say bye to the douse monsoons in India and travel to Brazil between June to September. If ditching the December winters is what an Indian would like to do, obtain a Brazil Visa and feel Brazilian summers from December to March. Indians mainly travel from India to Brazil for tourism, employment, and business. The below mentions shall run through some beautiful places that must be explored through words. Our taste pallets start its work when it sees something it would like to savour. Analogously, the exhilaration of visiting a new place also needs to be savoured through words or images.
With a Brazil Visa, one can get firsthand experiences of the untouched beaches of our ecosystem and observing an ecological sanctuary. As shared Brazil Visa applied by Indians are in three categories, namely tourists, business and employment.
Apart from the mentioned places in ‘places to see in Brazil section’, other attractions to be explored are Cuiaba, Aracaju, Iquaca falls, Amazon River. Manaus is very close to the Amazon rainforest. This Amazon forest, the lungs of our planet is something that should be on the. One important thing to keep in mind is the custom rules. An Indian has to declare if they have more than BR 10,000/- both at the entry and exit from Brazil by law. Also, Brazil Visa is the first hunt a sports enthusiastic engages as Brazil is the abode for a football soccer fan. But, one aspect of being familiar with is that Brazil Embassy portal officially is in Portuguese and needs to be translated. Nonetheless, there is Brazil Embassy in India. Brazil tourist visa for Indians used to call out to each travel enthusiastic to witness ‘Christ the Redeemer’ beauty in Rio Di Janerio. Rio De Janerio is a world heritage site where mountain and sea met Christ/
- Brazil Embassy in India is located in New Delhi, Goa, Udaipur, Kolkata, Kochi, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, and Mumbai
- Brazil’s visa fee for Indians is for a tourist visa and a business visa.
– Rs 8000 are the Brazil’s Rs 6400 visa fee for Indians for an employment visa.
– But at the moment Brazil Visa online has been discontented from 17th June 2019 onwards.
Brazil Visa Requirements For Indian Citizen
- A valid passport
- A credit card to pay Brazil visa fee for Indians
- Existing personal email id for further communication.
Brazilian Tourist Visa For Indians
Other than the above mentions in the Brazil visa section, with regards to Brazil visa application, these documents are of importance.
- Passport size picture with a dimension of 35×44 mm. 80% of the face should be visible.
- Air tickets itinerary with clarity of all travel details of all travellers.
- A tentative plan on daily activates to be dos a tourist
- Children travel under age 7, must travel with their birth certificate and polio vaccination proof
- Salary slip of the last three months of the current organization or previous.
- USD 100 per day for survival needs to be declared
- yellow fever vaccination countries are mentioned here.
Also Read: Top 15 Cheapest Countries In The World
Brazil Business Visa
- The above pointers shared in Brazilian Tourist Visa for Indian remain the same.
- But for Brazil Business Visa, the last six months of bank statements are needed.
- Filled proof of last three years income tax certificates
- A covering letter on the company letterhead with mentions of designation, contact numbers, and the tenure completed must be there.
- An official invitation letter has written in both English and Portuguese from the Brazilian organization.
- A medical proof being yellow fever-free to be availed from a Brazilian doctor to be shown at the exit immigration.
Brazil Visa For Indians Is Now Free
As per the announcement made by far-left President Jair Balsonaro Brazil visa requirements for Indian citizens have been altered from October 1019. Jair Balsonaro came to power from 2019 itself. Balsonaro declared earlier 2019 that the USA, Canada, Japan, and Australia will no longer need to procure Brazil Visa. As per TOI newspaper on 25th October 2019, apart from the four mentioned countries China and India too will be exempted from visa to enter Brazil’s. Brazil Tourist visa for Indians is now available at the doorstop of Brazil.
As shared above, Brazil’s visa requirement for Indian citizens as a tourist visa has been dropped beginning 17th June 2019. This generosity from Brazil’s end will mutually beneficial bilateral relations as all three countries, namely Brazil, China, and India, as a part of BRIC countries. This makes the Brazil visa application process void for now until further official communication. Please reach out to Brazil Embassy in India in New Delhi to get more clarity, confirmation, and information on the business, work, and employment visas.
Also Read: Top 8 Honeymoon Destinations in Asia
Also, a few things are strictly prohibited in Brazil. Examples
- Smoking in public places is prohibited with effect to 2014
- Hunting is strictly prohibited since 1967
- Electronic cigarettes are banned too from 2009 onwards
- Loitering wearing helmets in private and public places is punishable
- Laws regarding abortion apply to everyone ( natives, tourists, on work permits)
It is expected that tourism in Brazil will flourish due to tourist visa not needed for Indians. But we must be vigilant and respectful to the laws of the country that is to be travelled. Reiterating, declaring BR 10, 000/- cash and above and being clear of fellow fever is mandatory. BR means Brazilian Real (currency). BR 10,000 is equivalent to Rs 177,235/-
Understanding Of Other Relevant Visa Procurement
We shall through some light on employment visas, work permits, business visas, and education-related information.
Well, the Brazil business visa is called Temporary Business Visa (Vitem II), and the employment visa is called a work visa. BEWARE!! If you have cracked a job, please ensure that the organizations from you are to work gives you a work visa before you enter their country. Numerous nationalities are working in Brazil without a legal permit. Hence be very careful when employment is your vision while obtaining a Brazil visa. As shared in the Brazil visa requirements for Indian Citizen Section, 90 days visa as a tourist and business with an only one-time entry is permitted.
With regards to Business, Non-Natives in Brazil mandatorily need to know fluent Portuguese and have some language links with Brazilian land. So please do your research while choosing an employment option or offer. Brazil business visa is advisable to be used if you are invited to a Brazilian organization from your current Indian organization for some research or training. If you are a highly qualified English tutor with the relevant certification of internationally accepted certifications, then only look for employment in Brazil.
With regards to employment, Brazil visa requirements for Indian citizens calls out to one word very strongly, i.e. WORK PERMIT.
WORK PERMIT- Post getting through a job in Brazil, the Brazilian organization has to apply for a work permit from the ‘Ministry of labour’. This process takes 2-3 months to clear. The work permit given on the Brazil Business Visa remains valid for two years. Also, skilled workers may not get what they may look for; hence please read working in Brazil. The work permit cost is on the employer. Please note, Business visa fees for Indians is at Rs 6400/- and the Employment fees is at Rs 8000/-. Both are valid up to 90 days post entry in Brazil.
Brazil’s visa may not be recommended for educational growth unless learning Portuguese at its home is what is of interest. But Brazil is heaven if a side of your heart would like to indulge in maritime indulgence or Caribbean befriending. Brazil is an epitome of gaiety to understand the ingenious culture. If walking through the lane of 16th century stirs trill within you, REMEMBER, Brazil tourist visa for Indians’ is FREE. When are YOU packing your bags?
Further Read: 9 Best Cities To Visit In Europe In 2020