An exotic city in the continent of Asia, Vietnam is a land of cultural diversity and mesmerizing natural beauty. Its exquisite beaches, limestone islands, and historical marvels are an absolute treat to the senses. With opportunities for adventure, exploration, and culinary indulgence, Vietnam is a very compelling city. It attracts thousands of tourists to its splendour throughout the year and not one person goes back home disappointed. The true essence of Vietnam lies in its pristine beaches. The Vietnam beaches have waters that beckon several tourists to visit them for the greatest times of their lives.
List of most amazing beaches in Vietnam
- Long Beach (Phu Quoc)
- Mui Ne Beach (Phan Thiet)
- Queen’s Beach (Quy Nhon)
- My Khe Beach (Da Nang)
- An Bang Beach (Hoi An)
- Cat Cove Beaches (Ha Long Bay)
- Hon Chong Beach (Nha Trang)
- Non-Nuoc Beach (Da Nang)
- Ninh Chu Beach (Ninh Thuan Province)
- Tran Phu Beach (Nha Trang)
- Lang Co Beach (Thua Thien Hue)
- Phan van Dong Beach (Da Nang)
- Bac My An Beach (Da Nang)
- Star Beach (Phu Quoc)
- City Beach (Nha Trang)
Pick your favourites and go beach hopping!
1. Long Beach (Phu Quoc)
A 20-kilometre long coastal area on the beautiful Phu Quoc Island is the pristine Long Beach. Several beachfront resorts, bars, and cafés dot the stretches of sand. Also known as Bai Truong, Long Beach has plenty of palm trees. It is highly recommended that you navigate to Long Beach on a rented motorbike or bicycle. This way, you can easily explore traditional fishing villages and pearl farms situated on the southern part of the beach. As the beach is on the western coast of Phu Quoc Island, you can embrace the splendid sunset on one of the best beaches in Vietnam. It is one of the most beautiful Vietnam beaches.
- Best time to visit: Between April and August
- Activities: Snorkeling, Sunbathing, Swimming, Enjoying sunset views
- Recommended hotel near the beach: Salinda Resort Phu Quoc Island
2. Mui Ne Beach (Phan Thiet)
Running for about 15 kilometres is the sandy stretch by the Mui Ne Beach. It is Phan Thiet’s most significant coastal resort town. As one of the most picturesque Vietnam beaches, Mui Ne has swaying palm trees on the land and vibrant boats in its waters. You can watch the local fisherman sorting out hundreds of freshly caught seafood such as scallops, crabs, and stingrays. There are several gift shops and budget-friendly seafood restaurants here. Surrounded by fantastic natural formations, alluring mountains, and the rustic remains of the ancient Champa Kingdom, Mui Ne Beach is a treat to the eyes.
- Best time to visit: Between November and March
- Activities: Surfing, Kayaking, Swimming, and Kitesurfing
- Recommended hotel near the beach: Grace Boutique Resort
3. Queen’s Beach (Quy Nhon)
Though Quy Nhon is not considered as a tourist destination, it is one of Vietnam’s beautiful places that must be explored by tourists. Flanked by spectacular beaches such as the Queen’s beach, it is a fabulous place of visit. Both locals and tourists who venture into this beach keep coming back over the years for its pristine nature. Nothing can beat the experience of reclining on a beach chair with a beer in hand as you watch the waves subtly hit the shoreline. With an exciting nightlife and a wide range of options for shopping, Queen’s Beach is among the best Vietnam beaches.
- Best time to visit: Between June and August
- Activities: Shopping, Nightlife, Snorkeling, Swimming, and Spa treatments
- Recommended hotel near the beach: HAGL Resort Quy Nhon
4. My Khe Beach (Da Nang)
A captivating 20-mile stretch of soft white sand is the highlight of My Khe Beach of Vietnam. Once listed in the Forbes Magazine as one of the ‘World’s Most Luxurious Beaches’, it has several luxurious resorts for those who seek pampering with spas and massages, Apart from sporting activities, the beachfront has several options for you. The land has amazing merchant houses and tiny alleyways for you to explore. If you are a history or architecture buff, you can also visit the historical sites which are very close to My Khe Beach.
- Best time to visit: Between May and October
- Activities: Sunbathing, Surfing, and Spa treatments
- Recommended hotel near the beach: Fusion Maia Resort
5. An Bang Beach (Hoi An)
One of the only few beaches not spoiled by development is the An Bang Beach of Hoi An in Vietnam. Offering a very tranquil time by the waters as you embrace the sun, this beach must be on your beach-hopping list. It is home to an array of seafood restaurants, hippie bars, and beachfront resorts, all with a splendid view of the Marble Mountains. Vietnamese, French, and Italian cuisines are popular here. Several themed parties pump up the energy of this beach.
- Best time to visit: Between September and March
- Activities: Surfing, Swimming, Paddle-boarding, and Nightlife
- Recommended hotel near the beach: Tropical Beach Hoi An Resort
6. Cat Co Cove Beaches (Ha Long Bay)
The Cat Co Cove Beaches (Cat Co 1, Cat Co 2, and Cat Co 3) belong to the Cat Ba Island in Halong Bay. These beaches have many famous restaurants, hotels, and bars. You can traverse the island through affordable motorcycle taxis. These beaches offer a very wide array of activities for those who explore them. The Cat Ba National Park is a popular attraction here. There is also an old fort on a hilltop that has several rooms decked with remains of war and propaganda posters.
- Best time to visit: Between April and November
- Activities: Swimming, Sunbathing, Diving, Rock-climbing, Trekking, Caving, Kayaking, Speedboating, Nightlife, and Shopping
- Recommended hotel near the beach: Catba Sunrise Resort
7. Hon Chong Beach (Nha Trang)
A perfect escape from the hustle and bustle is the Hon Chong Beach of Vietnam. A rocky beach situated in San Hill of Nha Trang, it is titled after the cluster of two gently stacked rocks which is the best attraction here. Taking a walk on the stacked rocks could be difficult for many, but for those who crave adventure, this is your game. This is a large cliff that was eroded by the sea tide which now offers magnificent views of the mountainous coastline. The landscape of Hon Chong beach can be truly therapeutic for all.
- Best time to visit: December and May
- Activities: Scuba diving, Surfing, Swimming, and Relaxation
- Recommended hotel near the beach: Sunrise Hon Chong Ocean View Residence
8. Non-Nuoc Beach (Da Nang)
Occupying up to five kilometres of Hoi Hai Ward’s coastline, Non-Nuoc Beach in Da Nang features unpolluted waters, soft white sand, and mild waves throughout the year. Regarded as one of the most amazing Vietnam beaches, you can indulge in several different activities and sightseeing here. Local seafood delicacies can be savoured at any of the pretty beachfront restaurants and hotels. Take a leap into luxury with expensive resorts, spa treatments, and sprawling golf courses.
- Best time to visit: Between April and September
- Activities: Surfing, Paddle-boarding, jungle-trekking, and boating
- Recommended hotel near the beach: Meliá Danang
9. Ninh Chu Beach (Nin Thuan Province)
A beach that is very popular among the locals but which has not become a major tourist hub yet is Ninh Chu Beach. This is a bite-shaped beach with poplar trees, soft golden sand, clear blue waters, and refreshing air. Spanning along a 10-kilometre stretch, it is the perfect getaway from the chaos of busy lives and routines. Many five-star resorts and hotels are springing up on the beachfront as Ninh Chu Beach is beginning to gain popularity. Blessed with serenity, this beach is ideal for unwinding and relaxation. The local attractions here are the Po Rome Tower, Nai Pond, Du and Da Chong Mountains and Nui Chua National Park.
- Best time to visit: Between December and January
- Activities: Swimming, Sunbathing, Jogging, Beach games,
- Recommended hotel near the beach: Ninh Chu Hotel
10. Tran Phu Beach (Nha Trang)
One of the most popular Vietnam beaches is Tran Phu Beach. There are many sightseeing and recreational activities here for you to embrace the true beach spirit. It is home to the iconic Tran Phu Street which is an alluring seaside promenade abundant in luxury and beachfront restaurants, bars, resorts, hotels, museums, and souvenir shops. You can spend your afternoons lounging on beach beds and deck chairs while listening to the gentle sound of the waves.
- Best time to visit: Between February and April
- Activities: Bicycle tours, Snorkeling, Surfing, Swimming, Yoga, Meditation, Spa treatments, and Nightlife
- Recommended hotel near the beach: Mia Resort Nha Trang
11. Lang Co Beach (Thua Thien Hue)
One of the best Vietnam beaches to visit with family, Lang Co Beach is very tranquil. Extremely clean and enchanting, this beach is ideal for those who wish to spend some quality time with each other. Away from the mainstream society’s noise, a visit to Lang Co Beach makes for a great escape. The waves tend to go pretty high and thus, swimming is ruled out of the activities that can be done here. Hai Van Pass and golf courses are popular attractions here. As one of the most beautiful Vietnam beaches, it beckons you for a visit.
- Best time to visit: Between April and July
- Activities: Wooden boat safari, Coastal discovery tour, Snorkeling, Jetskiing, and Cycle fishing beach rides
- Recommended hotel near the beach: Lang Co Beach Resort
12. Phan Van Dong Beach (Da Nang)
As one of the most spectacular Vietnam beaches, the magnificence of the Pham Van Dong Beach is unmatched. Several movies have been shot here, owing to the pristine beauty of this place. With soft sands and clear waters, the beach is dotted with several excellent eateries offering delectable seafood and local Vietnamese cuisine. If you are planning on swimming in the waters, watch out for the jellyfish.
- Best time to visit: Between May and October
- Activities: Swimming, Sunbathing, Trekking, Skydiving, Paragliding, and Snorkeling
- Recommended hotel near the beach: Furama Villas Da Nang
13. Bac My An Beach (Da Nang)
One of the cleanest Vietnam beaches, the Bac My An Beach does not have a lot of crowd as it is mostly owned by private hotels. You can take a dip in the clear waters of this beach without the fear of too much contamination. Also, the water here is not very deep, making it a very safe beach. A great place to relax on your vacation, it is one of the most sought-after beaches in Da Nang.
- Best time to visit: Between May and October
- Activities: Sunbathing, Swimming, and Snorkeling
- Recommended hotel near the beach: Adamo Hotel
14. Star Beach (Phu Quoc)
Star Beach, locally known as ‘Bai Sao’ is among the best Vietnam beaches. Soft white sand, illuminated water plankton at night, plastic deck chairs by the waters, and tables arranged below thatched roofs make Bai Sao an amazing place to visit. You can indulge in delectable seafood and cold beer on the beachfront. The Phu Quoc fish sauce is one of the must-try things here.
- Best time to visit: Between November and April
- Activities: Swimming, Snorkeling, Diving, and Fishing
- Recommended hotel near the beach: My Lan Hotel and Restaurant
15. City Beach (Nha Trang)
One of the most energetic Vietnam beaches is the City Beach of Nha Trang. This beach is blessed with a majestic setting and awe-inspiring landscapes. The nightlife here is one to live for. Luxury abounds on this beach with the various options for spa treatments and body massages. Truly cosmopolitan in style, the City Beach must be on your beach-hopping list.
- Best time to visit: Between January and September
- Activities: Swimming, Snorkeling, Diving, Sunbathing, Spa treatments, and Nightlife
- Recommended hotel near the beach: Alana Nha Trang Beach Hotel
What are you waiting for? Plan your beach-hopping adventure today!